Benefits of Magic Therapy
The Occupational Therapist concentrates on specific problems resulting from a medical problem that interferes with a client’s independence and productivity. Together the therapist and client work to attain improvement in many areas. The use of simple magic tricks from the HEALING OF MAGIC program can assist in:
- GROSS MOTOR SKILLS: range of motion, strengthening, and balance in the upper and lower extremities.
- FINE MOTOR SKILLS: dexterity, eye-motor coordination, speed and accuracy, object manipulation.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL: self efficacy, self esteem, group interaction, interpersonal skills.
- ATTENTION: concentration, task follow-through, memory.
- PERCEPTION: visual (form discrimination, form constancy, spatial relations, figure group, eye-hand coordination), tactile, proprioception, kinesthesia.
- MOTOR PLANNING: being able to plan and know what steps are necessary for a particular movement.
- COGNITIVE: following simple and complex directions, memory, planning, sequencing, organizing, problem solving.